2020 Triathlon Training Skills Camp
Camp Cathedral, East Freetown, MA
19 May 2018, 0730
Are you ready to take your triathlon training and performance to another level? Join us Saturday, June 6th at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA for an in-depth, skills oriented triathlon training camp. The camp will be led by the coaches of Breakthrough Performance Coaching, LLC and co-hosted by Sun Multisport Events. The camp includes a combination of classroom instruction and active swim, bike & run training. If you’re a triathlete who wants better results from your training and an opportunity for structured learning from knowledgeable coaches in a fully supported environment, then this camp is for you!
Cathedral Camp is home of the award winning Patriot Half, which makes this camp especially valuable for anyone training for the 2020 Patriot Half. We will swim, cycle and run on parts of the course you will encounter on race day. Not racing Patriot? Not a worry… Above all, attend our Triathlon Skills Training Camp and you’ll leave more confident and more prepared to tackle your next big race.
Note that actual timing may vary on the day of camp, based on camper interests and needs.
- 7:30am-7:45am: Registration/check-in.
- 7:45am-8:00am: Introduction and camp overview.
- 8:00am-9:15am: Open water swim clinic; campers to be grouped based on ability and comfort level; session to cover entering and exiting the water, drafting, sighting and wetsuit removal.
- 9:15am-10:00am: Setting up your transition area and transition practice
- 10:00am-11:00am: Cycling skills clinic session, which will include bike handling, dealing with mechanical issues, and navigating aid stations.
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Ride on the Patriot bike course with distances to vary based on the individual camper’s anticipated speed and fitness. This race rehearsal session will include key riding cues and USAT rules and appropriate race intensity efforts on the road.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Run on the Patriot run course with distances to vary based on the individual camper’s anticipated speed and fitness. BPC coaches will review T2, heat management, nutrition and run form.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: Debriefing and Q&A, which will be followed by food & refreshments courtesy of Blue Ribbon BBQ.